Memorial day is only just a few days away and hosting a BBQ is all part of the fun! Here’s the best burger recipe ever to get you started on playing hostess with the mostess! Bring on the festivities!
- One pound of ground beef 80% lean/ 20% fat
- 1 ½ tablespoons of Adobo—A Spanish seasoning containing paprika, onion powder, garlic, and other spices. Adobo can be found in the ethnic aisle at your local supermarket
- ½ a teaspoon of Black Pepper
- 1 tablespoon of Butter
- Hamburger buns
- Toppings; Your choice! Think lettuce, tomato, cheese, onion, bacon, ketchup, and even a fried egg! My favorite!
- Season ground beef with adobo and black pepper—Note that adobo has salt, so don’t add any additional quantity.
- Combine meat and seasoning. Get your hands dirty!
- Form four to five individual round patties, about 1 to 1 ½ inches thick.
- In a large skillet, over medium heat add a tablespoon of butter – my secret ingredient! The butter packs the burger with flavor!
- Once butter is melted, place patties into the pan, cover with a lid and cook on both sides for about 3-6 minutes. Allow extra cooking time for your desired meat temperature.
Hostess Tip: Never squeeze your burger patties with a spatula. Doing this will dry them out and get rid of all the flavor.
- Remove patties and place on toasted buns
- Add toppings as desired; lettuce, tomato, onions, cheese, bacon, ketchup and the lists goes on!
- Serve immediately and enjoy!
That’s it my friends. I hope you savor this delicious burger recipe! And as always, if you cook it up don’t forget to share. Can’t wait to see!
Till next time, Happy Memorial Day!