During the week cooking can be a drag, so I always try and leave my more complex meals for the weekends and focus on my easy to prepare meals on the weekdays. I still love a tasty meal. I just don’t want to spend hours in the kitchen after a long work day. Don’t you all agree? Plus with the new year just starting, a healthy weeknight meal is the way to go! Because on the weekends we be brunchin’! Ha-ha!
So, here’s my easy and surprisingly healthier pizza recipe!
What you’ll need:
1. Whole Grain Pizza Crust—I buy Brooklyn Bred Pizza Crust. Sold at Whole Foods. This crust has no GMOs and is made organically.
2. Organic Extra Virgin Olive Oil
3. Organic Pizza sauce—I buy the Delallo Pizza Sauce. Sold at Whole Foods.
4. Lite Shredded Mozzarella Cheese—Sold at Trader Joe’s
5. Organic Yellow Tomatoes—Tasty and adds color and contrast to your dish
6. Organic, Fresh Basil Leaves
Follow these easy steps to have dinner served in minutes:
1. Preheat oven to 425 Degrees Fahrenheit.
2. Using a basting brush, spread a teaspoon of extra virgin olive oil onto your crust. Don’t have a brush, your fingers (clean ones, of course) will work just as well.
3. Spread pizza sauce onto your crust evenly using the back of a spoon.
4. Then sprinkle about half a cup of low fat cheese.
5. Continue building by cutting yellow tomatoes into slices and uniformly placing them onto your pizza.
6. Top your pizza with fresh basil leaves.
7. Bake on an oven rack for about 10-12 minutes until cheese is melted and crust is golden brown. Don’t have an oven rack, no worries! Place on aluminum foil and pop it into your oven for the same amount of time. It’s that easy!
8. Serve and Enjoy!
Hope you event fashionistas try this tasty recipe! I promise you won’t regret it!
Happy weeknight cooking!