This week I shared my summer bucket list. My must dos before the summer is officially over because for me and anyone else on the north east coast it only lasts just a couple of months, so we must take full advantage!
As part of my bucket list, hosting or attending a picnic is a definite must do. It’s the perfect excuse to invite some friends, lay out at the park, eat, drink and be merry! Sounds like a dream, if you ask me!
Well, then what’s a girl to do when hosting or attending a picnic, you ask? None other than bring out her summer recipes and make melon, mozzarella and prosciutto skewers! Super easy (as I usually like it!) and certainly the ideal picnic appetizer. Easy to eat, refreshing and oh, so delicious!
Ready for the recipe (if you can even call it that)? Here we go!
Ingredients (yields six skewers):
- Twelve fresh mozzarella balls
- Six thin slices of prosciutto
- Three wedges of peeled melon
- Six 8 inch wooden skewers
- Balsamic vinaigrette, optional
- Cut each peeled melon wedge into 1 ½ inch cubes—should yield about 12-15 pieces
- Cut each prosciutto slice in half
- Adding onto a skewer, place a mozzarella ball, a melon cube, a ruffled slice of prosciutto, another mozzarella ball, and one more melon cube
- Repeat the above step until you have assembled six skewers
- Drizzle balsamic vinaigrette over your skewers, if desired
- Eat and enjoy!
Here’s to good food and fun picnics in our near future!