Hello Lovelies! As many of you know, I moved to Jersey City last August (you might have seen the vlog on my horrific move!) and I’ve been eating and drinking my way through the city ever since. So, today I figured I’d share my top five Jersey City restaurants.
There are so many delicious places that narrowing them down was nearly impossible. So let’s just call these my CURRENT faves! Oh, and brace yourselves, “healthy” has left the building. I mean, what’s life without a little, indulging right?!
Okay, so without further ado here are my top five Jersey City restaurants!
1. Roman Nose—If you are up for some yummy Italian this eatery is a definite must try. After hearing that grandma still bakes cookies and brings them in daily, it became a no brainer. Things to try are any of their Bruschette. Their classic lentil soup. Their Meatball bowl. The “Orecchiette alle Cime di Rapa con Salsiccia”—A pasta dish with broccoli rabe, fennel-pork sausage, and a dash of red pepper. And of course, their assortment of cookies. Delizioso!
2. Kitchen Step—This small, intimate bistro is the perfect place to visit for just about any occasion. Al and I have been there so many times that I can honestly say we’ve ate our way through the menu. Don’t believe me, here is the list of must haves!
- Crispy Fish Tacos
- Croissant French Toast Waffles
- Mussels Frites
- RD Burger
- Nutella Swirl Pancakes
- Eggs Benedict with Truffle Hollandaise
- Truffle Mac & Cheese
- Tuna Poke
- Ricotta Gnocchi
- Pomegranate Chili Glazed Pork Chop
3. Dullboy Café & Liquor Bar—This hidden gem with its speakeasy vibe is outright perfect. Specialty cocktails are their thing so nothing beats stopping by and grabbing a few. But not to worry, their food is also not too shabby. Try their empanadas, burger or Mac and Cheese pot pie, yup that’s right Mac and Cheese pot pie and I promise it won’t disappoint.
4. The Hamilton Inn—A brunch hot spot and well if you know me, you know I love a good ol’ brunch. Try their avocado toast or huevos rancheros and you’ll be satisfied. However, try their Mexican Torta and well you’ll be a regular. The combo of breaded fried chicken, black beans, avocado and spicy crema are too die for. Pair with some truffle fries and you’ve got yourself a perfect meal. Like I said, “healthy” has officially left the building!
5. Porta—Pizza, pizza, pizza! One of my favorite foods. So to say that I’m particular about where I eat my pizza is an understatement, but not to worry baked in hand built ovens imported directly from Italy and topped with the freshest ingredients like their house made mozzarella makes these pizzas finger licking good. Their house made meatballs, ricotta and arugula pizza are just some of my favorites.
Okay, guys I hope I’ve made you hungry enough that you are now planning your next date night, girls night, and/or solo outing! These Jersey City restaurants will you have you coming back!
If you want more local content, please let me know. Perhaps, my top five cocktails to drink in Jersey City?
Until next time.
*Photo Credits: Alcides.Eats