As the weekend winds down, I find that Sundays are the perfect day to stay in bed. Wouldn’t you agree?! So, nothing seems like a better idea than cuddling up, putting on Netflix and heavily snacking on some yummy treats.
Talk about “Sunday Fun-day!”
Well, this weekend I did just that. I hosted my husband to a “Binge Watching” party that boils down to this. Me, my husband, and our top TV shows on constant repeat. Episode after episode. True perfection.
So, here’s what I did!
While my husband went out to grab coffee (let’s be honest that’s always a staple on a Sunday afternoon), I quickly threw some of my favorite yet healthier snacks in bowls. I chose my reduce fat, pita chips from Trader Joe’s, dark chocolate covered raisins, and some fresh strawberries . Two sugar free vanilla soy lattes and we were well on our way. Super easy!
What’s on our watching list agenda?
Here are my top shows to binge watch (in no particular order). Can’t say these are “our” favorite shows—see last pick. Ha! Ha!
- Unbreakable Kimmy Schmidt—A Tina Fey creation, need I say more. Hurry up lovelies because season two has officially begun shooting.
- Orange Is The New Black—needs no real introduction but when I recently met some of the cast members (super cool!) I knew I had to jump on the bandwagon.
- House of Cards—I’m a big Kevin Spacey fan and this show proves that I should love him as much as I do!
- Worst Cooks in America—Food network is constantly on rotation at my house. It’s usually in the name of research (ha!) but truth be told this is just for fun!
- Dance Moms—Because I just can’t help myself! It’s my guilty pleasure. A really bad one but I love it!
As for my husband, he would definitely add Breaking Bad and Mad Men. He’s been trying to get me to binge watch these for a very long time but for some reason I just haven’t gotten around to it. On the bright side, there’s always next Sunday!
I hope this encourages you to cancel your Sunday plans, grab your favorite snacks, lay in bed and watch your favorite shows all day! If not, watch mine!
Till next time, keep hosting (even if in bed)!
P.S. If you have any other picks, please let me know! I would love to hear what shows I should be indulging in!
Shop the look!
Bedding: Under The Canopy // Mirrored Tray: West Elm// Dog: Not for Sale (he! he!)