It’s no surprise that I’m obsessed with flowers and having some on Valentine’s Day is a no brainer. What I can’t come to terms with is paying an obscene amount of money for them. So, instead I picked up some fresh blooms over the weekend allowing myself to bring these lovelies home without burning through my wallet! A win win situation, if you ask me!
Let me share my tips and tricks on how to arrange these Valentine’s Day lovelies! Super easy!
1. The Father, Mother, Child Technique. The tallest being the father and shortest being the child. It’s that easy. Cut your blooms in three different heights ensuring that your shortest bloom is cut about an inch higher than the rim of your vessel–the child. Cut “the mother” half an inch taller than “the child” and “the father” another half an inch taller than “the mother.” Arrange the flowers in your vase from shortest to tallest. Done and done!
2. The Bunch Technique. It’s exactly what it sounds like. Hold your flowers in a bunch ensuring that you are creating a circular form. Then cut the flowers to length and place in your vase.
Other tips to note:
1. Ensure to cut your stems at an angle. This helps with their water intake and therefore prolongs their life.
2. Strip off leaves that will fall within the water line. Doing this avoids bacteria growth.
3. Use warm water as flowers have a higher intake for warm water than they do for cold water.
Hope these tricks allow you to fashionably style your blooms and keep your home looking fabulous! Till next time my dear event fashionistas!